The Art of Photography

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Conceptualising Assignment 3

My tutor has suggested I try and use more conceptual ideas in my presentation of assignment 3. After my initial tearing my hair out trying to fathom what I should/could do and hours more reading and researching, I'm hoping I'm on the right track now.
I have looked at lots of work of conceptual photographers. Most of which I don't like.  I have been reading some interesting debates on artists who appropriation work is based on taking a photographer's pictures and making them into art.  Is this stealing another artists work?  The same argument was used about Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup Cans.  However I also read an article that explores the notion that a documentary photographer appropriates reality for the purpose of the artist.
Yikes this is too much for me.  The Internet probably makes the whole debate null and void.



Conceptualising complementary colours:
I have tried to stay as close as possible to the complementary colour relationship as determined by Goethe.









My conceptual presentation of contrasting colours.
With this group I have taken out all distractions except colour (especially the last two which are simply patches of colour. Now all we are dealing with it the relationship of colour. (I have gone into more detail in the previous post for the assignment).








My conceptual presentation of colour accents:
Reducing the structure of the background colour but leaving the colour accent of the image exactly as photographed, it now truly emphasises just how dramatic and important to the image that small amount of colour is to the overall relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment